Lifestyle Management is a continuous process of making healthy lifestyle choices on a daily basis. It requires commitment to live a more balanced and healthy lifestyle, and we therefore want to assist you in breaking those bad habits that cause unnecessary health problems.
The Bankmed Lifestyle Management Programme can assist you in obtaining overall health and wellness. Members suffering from the following lifestyle diseases can join the Lifestyle Management Programme:
- High blood pressure;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- High cholesterol;
- Cardiovascular disease;
- Gout; and /or
Healthy Lifestyle Programme for Individuals
The Wellness Co-ordinator schedules an appointment for the Member with a biokineticist and/or dietician. A customised exercise and diet programme is designed to meet the specific personal requirements of each Member. The Member is further assisted throughout the programme with practical advice and support to ensure that their targets and goals are reached. Members in towns other than Windhoek are visited throughout the year. Bankmed Namibia Employer Groups can contact the Wellness Co-ordinator at 061 287 6174 to book appointments according to the travelling schedule of the Wellness Co-ordinator.
Corporate Lifestyle Management Programme
What is the Corporate Lifestyle Management Programme?
The Bankmed Corporate Lifestyle Management Programme is designated to nurture lifestyle management in workers, regardless of their work environment. The main aim of the Lifestyle Management Programme is to bring routine medical check-ups directly to the client, at the premises of the employer. Corporate Lifestyle Management is among the most vital investments that an employer can make. By offering Corporate Lifestyle Management Programs, employers are not only investing in the physical wellness and health of their employees, but Employer Groups are also taking preventative measures by creating a healthier environment.
To book a Lifestyle Management Day:
- Employer Group contacts the Lifestyle Management Centre and requests a Corporate Lifestyle Management Screening.
- Appointment/date(s) are scheduled to ensure maximum staff attendance.
- The Lifestyle Management team goes to the Employer Group and performs the following basic screening tests:
- Random blood glucose;
- Random blood cholesterol;
- Random blood pressure;
- Weight and height measurements;
- Waist circumference; and
- Body mass index (BMI).
During the screening session, each Member will be given full attention with regards to their health needs. If any health issues are identified, the following procedure is followed:
- Referral to the Lifestyle Management Centre to see a dietician and or biokineticist;
- Referral to a general practitioner for medication management;
- Referral to Pathcare for fasting blood glucose and cholesterol test; and
- Health advice is given to all staff with regards to healthy lifestyle choices for diet and exercise.
Members who are identified and wish to join the Lifestyle Management Programme are contacted by the Wellness Assistant and appointments are made for the initial evaluation with a dietician and biokineticist.